Tuesday 29 March 2011

Evaluation 3

Media institutions that might distribute my magazine


There are many different types of media institutes across the world. The publisher I would use to publish my magazine would be Bauer media. The reason for this is that Bauer is one of the biggest media institutions in the world. This makes the company more reliable and stable, Bauer also are the publishers for the magazine Kerrang! and this means they have experience with a magazine with a similar ethos and demographic. Bauer is a well known publisher and millions of people read the magazines published by Bauer, giving me the best opportunities to make money and create a large readership. Through their company they will help get y magazine going through advertising and many other contemporary methods of marketing such as, viral marketing.

Distribution
The kind of distribution methods I would use would start at putting copies of my magazine in retail shops such as, WH Smiths and Newsagents. This is a good place to start because it is the most common way and most trusted way and reliable way of getting copies of my magazine sold. This is still the most popular way of selling magazines and that is purely the reason. I would expand this to supermarkets like Tesco and Asda as well due to the large amount of people that shop there it makes the magazine a lot more likely to sell simply due to the amount of shoppers.
However, the internet is increasing becoming a more popular way of selling and reading magazines and much more such as EGM issues. This is something I wouldn't do straight away because it's not that popular and reliable yet. I would move on to this as it carries on to get more popular. I would sell a code that allows you to read it on the internet but also expanding it to audio on Ipods and readable copies for the Ipad. If times change so much that it all transfers to internet I will also release a print out version because there will always be an audience that will still want to read something off paper. Evolving with the technology as it changes over the generation is vital to keep up to date with the youth (demographic). Because if I don't keep up that when losses will occur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment